Monday, May 28, 2012

The Windy City

My mom and I went to Milwaukee to see my sister's brand new baby and help her pack for the big move to California.
To break up the packing madness we took a day trip to Chicago.
It rocked.

We walked all over the city and found out people in Chicago are just the nicest. On the street {and everywhere we went} we got wished Happy Mothers Day about a billion times, one lady going so far as to bless both my sister and her new baby. We also got a ton of free doughnuts. I love doughnuts. 


We visited Cloud Gate in Millenium Park.



We got an extremely nice, old lady that worked at the museum to give us her membership so we could all three get into the Art Institute of Chicago Museum for free {we (my mom) will do anything not the pay the $18 admission price}. 
It was hilarious.
We LOVED the art museum. 
Mostly because a lot of the paintings we recognized from one of our family's all time favorite games, Masterpiece. 


And  we did A LOT of shopping {I didn't get any pictures of all of our awesome stuff, sorry}.

It was the best day.

1 comment: