Wednesday, March 7, 2012

KONY 2012

Since the KONY 2012 campaign has been flooding my facebook newsfeed I decided I should probably learn more about it. 

Pro KONY 2012

HERE is an article that is more critical of KONY 2012. 

After looking at both, I tend to agree with the article. I am by no means saying that Joseph Kony is not an evil man doing horrible things, but this article does make some very good points.

{disclaimer: I have not done tons of research on the topic}

I think that this movement is more about curing the symptom than fixing the cause.
I think that eliminating one man will not solve the problem, the problem is much deeper and more complex than that. 
Lastly, I think that terrible things are happening to children in Uganda. I just don't know that this is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment